X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your Favorite Olympic Sport?

Everyone have their own favorite sport. As for me, the game that I am most interested in is basketball. It might be due to the fact that I played basketball a few years ago while being inspired by the anime "Slam Dunk". Although I want Japan to get some gold in the Olympics, I will still root for my country when it comes to basketball. Whenever the game is closely tied and winning or losing is just a shot away, things can get very exciting. I've seen a couple of games where a miracle shot is thrown out of nowhere and completely reversed the situation. Afterwards, you'll see the person responsible for making that shot surrounded by his teammates as if he was a hero (which he really is!). How about you guys? What are your favorite Olympic Sport?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_155.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	922

Football,table tennis, tennis, boxing, fencing just to name a few.

Comment

My favourites are completely different.
      Although I really like a whole bunch of the Olympic sports, I prefer watching the Paralympics. Mostly the athletics and swimming, but I'm game to watch other things. I caught a match once, I think it was blind football, and it was amazing all of the ideas that had gone into it. I'd never have thought of a ball with a bell in it, but it makes so much sense!
      One of my favourites in the athletics, I have to say, is the wheelchair races. It's such a mental sport for the athletes, with loads of strategy as well as the sheer physical power to push themselves so fast. I get really into it and cheer them on whenever I watch that!
      On the other side of that, I don't see myself ever watching the horse events, either Olympic or Paralympic. It would be cool to ride a horse, but I don't find watching them very interesting.

Comment

I would say cycling! I have been interested in it since watching Yowamushi Pedal. It has different types like track, road, mountain and bmx. My favorite is Road and Mountain. Road because usually these take days to finish and I find it mind boggling of how they can survive and recover easily. Usually, road has different stages other that the finish line itself (sprinting race on flats and mountain race on elevated roads, ex: The road to Hakone, Mt Fuji) and they are also required to obey the laws and rules that the vehicles followed. Mountain Biking because this sport is really hard and it could cause a lot of accidents, imagine the nerve on racing on that.

Comment

ohhh! Mashiiro! I understand how you feel. I've also watched Yowamushi Pedal and it was a good show. It also made me realize that cycling is not as simple as it looks. I thought that you only need to learn how to ride a bicycle but the show introduced to me many concepts that makes it much more interesting. For example the teams that compete for the top position have their own roles to play. One will carry the team through sprints (flats) and uphill climbs (mountains etc). They also have an ace or the so called "Finisher" who reserved his strength for the final sprint that was made possible by his team-mates. The show was an eye opener and I enjoyed watching it as well.

Comment

I also love to watch 4x100m relay.

Comment

My favorites are target shooting and archery.

Comment

basketball
                swimming

Comment

I am really a big fan of the 400m for two reasons.

1. Being that I believe that combination of speed an endurance required are simply amazing. It's practically full on sprinting for 2/3rds of a minute (well for olympic athletes at least haha). The 800m is also really exciting to watch. The races are almost always a close one.
                  2. The second reason being that the world record holder for the 400m is Wayde van Niekerk who is from my country; South Africa. He's a big role model and inspiration to me and I hope he recovers entirely to be able to compete at the 2020 Olympics to bring us back another gold medal!

I also really enjoy watching sports like handball, badminton and table tennis. I'm not very knowledgeable about them but I know the core rules and the speed and intensity of these sports is amazing! The level of fitness these athletes need to have is crazy!

Fencing is always interesting but it's really hard to keep up with when watching haha. I really hope that when I go watch the Olympics next year I can learn to like a lot more sports as well as deepen my passion for those I like already.

@OP - I've been watching Kuroko no Basket lately and I've never watched basketball before but I think I will learn to like it as well. Here in South Africa we have netball which is mainly a lady's sport and is very similar but has distinct differences to basketball. Maybe one day we will see this at the Olympics as well!

Comment

I love basketball, but overall, I prefer the sports during the Winter Olympics.

Comment

Working...
                    X