X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ramen a Japanese food?

Now, I know that this might seem like a strange question, but ramen is one of those foods that was originally from elsewhere (in this case, China). In Japanese, it's still written with the characters that are used to write foreign words. But I would argue that it's been so long, and there are so many regional variations on ramen, that the Japanese have truly made ramen their own.

That's really interesting! I can't really say either way, but I do have some photos of ramen that I found!
    Attached Files

Comment

Yum, those look tasty! Any idea what flavors they are, FoodieSam?

Comment

I've only tried those packed noodles though, but out of all the noodles products I've tried from Korea,Japan,China, I liked the Japanese and Korean noodles. I can't understand Chinese noodle's flavoring.

Comment

Sorry, Sakurahime, I don't really know. One of them looks like miso ramen, but I've never had real ramen so I'm not an expert or anything, ha ha. I imagine it's a huge step up from dried noodles, though. I've seen some of those when I've been to an Asian food shop but I didn't really fancy trying them. Maybe I should, for the experience. Those dried noodle pots started in Japan, didn't they? I heard there's a museum about it somewhere.
          By the way, minervasirius, what do you mean by
          Originally posted by minervasirius View Post
          I can't understand Chinese noodle's flavoring.
          Do you mean that you don't like it or that you don't know what it is or what?

Comment

Isn't it like how the Japanese called their noodles? Like in korean they call it ramyun or ramyeon or something? I'm not sure where ramen really originated but I think ramen itself is made in Japan like how Ramyun is made in Korea. They have specific taste despite being generally the same. It was like how manga is originally from Japan, Comics from America and manhwa/ webtoon from Korea.

Comment

I mean I just don't like the taste, because I can't even finish the soup.

Comment

Working...
              X